They're so grown up!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Kimberly333, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Kimberly333

Kimberly333 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2013
    I have 7 button quails, and 3 of them are about a month and a half. They are also siblings which is pretty cute. When should I get them mates? I don't know the exact age for when they lay eggs and I think since they are brothers and sisters, they shouldn't mate together, right??? These are pretty much my first flock of quails so not much experience in this case, hahaha, any help? Thanks! [​IMG]

2. mrwoodboat

mrwoodboat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    I have a good source for Buttons- what are you looking for- males or females? I have 3 males and am running over today to pick up 3 females so I can get them into their respective cages...

3. GrandmaBird

GrandmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2012
    Colorado
    If they are from the same parents then I would let them match now but then get new mates for their chicks when the time comes. They should be ready at 6-10 weeks and they will do better if you put them into single pairs so they don't fight. Good luck!

4. Kimberly333

Nov 20, 2013
    1 male and 2 females, one female is actually 3 weeks older than the other two, and the other male and female are literally 12 hours apart :D

5. Kimberly333

Nov 20, 2013
    That sounds good :D thank you! I think the one male and female born 12 hours apart will mate because the other female is a bit older than them and she hasn't been in their presence for that long, but I'm just guessing for now [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by