They've finally arrived!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chick_In_The_Burbs, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Songster

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    My chicks came in this morning! They are ADORABLE! 3 EE's, one is yellow and two have that dark stripe pattern (thankfully one is darker than the other). I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how! [​IMG]

Oh, and one of them picked her name on the way home. A Shania Twain song came on and she started peeping like crazy. She settled down, and then we wanted to figure out if it was the singer or just a wild moment. Well, turned on another Twain song and the peeping started again! I took the lid of the box off to make sure it was the same little girl and not only was she peeping her little head off; she decided to take a running leap OUT of the box and into my lap! I don't think I stopped laughing for a good half hour. So she is now Shania Twain. (She's the darkest chick, when I get the pics posted) [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh yeah, it's all fun and games until they crap in your lap! LOL Just kidding! [​IMG]

3. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Songster

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    wow, the chicks I got yesterday are all terrified of me. Congratulations on your new little ones!

4. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Songster

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Here are the pics!

Sunny first. She was the spunkiest out of the box and seems to be a rather bossy chick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Shania; my little county music lover. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Scrambles. Probably my favorite right now. She seems to be the mellowest/sweetest one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And everyone together. BTW; who know a chick could eat/poop that much in such a short period of time??? They were only in the box about three hours at this point!

[​IMG]

And in the box on the way home... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. n3kms

n3kms Songster

Jun 28, 2010
    Middle Tennessee
    Cuteness!!!!![​IMG]

6. lovinlife

lovinlife Songster

very cute!

7. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Whew! My chickie fix for the day! They are sweeties- I really like Sunny- already has an attitude!

8. dsowens15

dsowens15 Songster

Jun 17, 2010
    Winchester, TN
    I have had to much "chickie" for today. I am going to OD:th I have two chicks and one is alomat out as I type. cute chicks tho!

9. bambi

bambi Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    Mo.
    Oh, what cuties you have. Enjoy your new arrivals and thanks for sharing. Every time I see babies I want to hurry out and get more chicks:ya

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Loved it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by