they've grown since this morning!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cluckatar, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Cluckatar

Cluckatar Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    I swear they're bigger this evening than they were when we picked them up this morning!

We're first time newbies posting here, and first time newbies with chickens. I spent a couple of months pouring over posts here and elsewhere and at last the local chicken lady emailed me that she had three day old chicks for sale. We drove an hour to pick them out and brought home 3 Welsummers, 1 Barnevelder, and 1 Naked Neck Turken. My 14 year old son surprised us all by getting up before 8 on a Saturday to ride along, and then absolutely fell in love with the Turken who was not on our original list. I had to let him bring one home to try. Thanks for all the chicken inspiration everyone [​IMG]

2. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    [​IMG] Now you'll be hooked just like the rest of us![​IMG] And yes, they do grow fast!

3. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    [​IMG]

4. Cluckatar

Cluckatar Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture [​IMG] Tomorrow they move into a slightly better set-up and hopefully we can stop that sitting in the food business.

5. Bantam Bodon

Bantam Bodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Osceola Mills PA
    I know what you mean! Today looking in on mine i said, they got bigger since last night, i swear! Yours look great!

6. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    [​IMG] They're so precious! The only way to stop dish sitting is to get a feeder they won't fit in.

7. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    We went away today, and just came home. They MUST grow substantially every day. I told my hubby that tomorrow they MUST go out in the coop. They somehow outgrew the brooder, today! It must've been the grass I dug out of the yard yesterday for them! LOL![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by