Thimbleberries Kits..."Pansy Park" Quilt Underway **Top Complete!**

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by speckledhen, Jun 30, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

How many of you have done any Thimbleberries quilt kits? Just finished one and sent it to Kathyinmo, who so graciously sent me the kit in the first place. She also sent me this one, a sampler type. I'm going to be quilting my Jewel Box Lap quilt first, which I've already started, then will begin cutting and piecing this one. With kits, I'm always afraid that I'll make a mistake and use too much fabric so I run out before I'm done, but I love this quilt. This one won't be done in a week, though, Terrie and Kathy, LOL.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. BC_Farms

BC_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2010
    Enfield & Chaplin CT
    With Thimbleberries does it usually involve fabric or is it just a pattern? I was just wondering, I've never seen them before but picked a pattern up from Savers (thrift store) this week.

The "Pansy Park" looks beautiful!

3. speckledhen

This one has all the fabric with it.

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I think this is gonna be beautiful! I can hardly wait to see it all done up!

5. speckledhen

Blocks 1 & 2 of Pansy Park completed today. I hope I can do this well. I usually pick blocks with larger pieces--there are so many 1" pieces in here! But, I'm game.

[​IMG]

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Oh, those look very nice!!!!! Once the blocks are done, I bet it will go fast. Love it! [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

Blocks 3 & 4 of Pansy Park....#3 was a pain, lots of 1" pieces and it's still not exactly right, but I didn't think I could fix the issues. #4 was pretty easy, but I see that #5 will be a real pain with all the teensy pieces it has. Anyway, as promised, here are the next two:

[​IMG]

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    you GO. Cyn!
    [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

I'm trying in between chicken emergencies! Yesterday, it was Isaac and just now, we fixed an eggbound banty Cochin. It just doesn't pay to be me this week.

I'm not sure what to do with this quilt when it's done. I really don't want to quilt it. Maybe I'll sell the top to another quilter.

10. speckledhen

Block # 5 wasn't as hard as I originally thought it would be. I have to stop for awhile-been fighting a headache since the middle of last night.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by