things are lookin up!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lovesduckies, May 13, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    well last year i lost my job, everything went downhill from there... i was later beat up by my ex and isolated myself from everyone, kind of went a little insane, drank a lot, ect. i was in a very dark place. during all this crap with ex boyfriend and finding out i didn't have a single friend at the time, i also found out that my former employer was NOT paying the calfornia employee taxes on me. so of course i couldn't get unemployment!!! so i've been looking for jobs with no luck and doing housework to earn 10 dollars for my gas tank. (my parents aren't the richest) soo needless to say i have been kind of slowly going insane. things got bighter when i got my ducklings and met duckyfromoz. she saved me from doing a lot of really stupid things, as well as my ducks and bunny. i live for them.

welll 2 weeks ago, i got a letter in the mail... it was a hearing notice for the EDD appeals board!!!!!! i was so excited. my hearing was yesterday and my mom says it looks really good. the judge even said it looks like the comapny i worked for was trying to get away with paying less taxes and i believe it, cuz they don't pay their employees!! anyway. they didn't even care why i was fired. the judge took copies of all 75 of my pay check stubbs and said i miht have to testify in court against my former employer. welllll my mom has a friend who is $90,000 in the hole for not paying state taxes on his employees when he owned his business. my mom's friend who went through the same said i might get the back payments for unemployment plus a settlement.... but i don't want to get my hopes up so lets keep our fingers crossed [​IMG]

also, i am transfering schools to start my vet tech training. i filled out my financial aid info and i might be able to get a grant!!!!! how awesome would that be!!!! and i just got off the phone with the financial aid lady at my current school, i am getting the money back that my grandma paid for the first semester plus i was able to get a grant for this year too!!! how awesome!!!!!! [​IMG] now i can pay off my negative bank account and pay off my braces that should have been paid off a year ago [​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Thats some great news! So happy to hear things are starting to look up for you. Hang in there, okay? [​IMG]

3. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    thanks!! i am much better. i brought myself out of my funk. i am realllly excited today, i have ducklings hatching!!!!!!!!!!!! things are great right now!!!

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Very good! I bet it thrilling to hatch ducklings! Enjoy! [​IMG]

5. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    it is, but mom duck won't get out of my way so i can see HAHAHAH thanks [​IMG]

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    glad you are feeling better, we will definitely need pics of those babies [​IMG]

7. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
  8. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Hope you get the money you deserve! I hate it when employers rip off their employees!

Have fun with the duckies!

9. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    oh i do too. it's irritating. i hope after battling for a year... something good happeneds. i have a feeling they were trying to get away with it cuz i asked to fill out a new w-4 before i was fired and the paper was never faxed over from the corp. office, then all of a sudden 2 weeks later i'm fired... hmmmmmm.. sounds fishy

thank. i am having fun but i'm ready for a nap lol

10. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    CONGRATS! Hope everything works out for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by