Things Chickens Eat, Ideas for Childrens' Book

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by CG Raine, Oct 19, 2014.

1. CG Raine

CG Raine New Egg

Oct 19, 2014
    Hey All!

I'm currently writing and illustrating a book about a farmyard and its characters, my fav being the Old Biddie Hen gals; I'm looking for ideas for this one illustration, where they are in the barn playing Bingo, and on the bingo board are things chickens eat, instead of numbers; these will also be reflected on their playing cards.

So far, I have general things like insects, grass, vegetable and fruits, grains, and water drops. Since there are so many boxes on the board, can anyone let me know what else they may eat?

I can stretch it out to include a multitude of of each of the above, just wondering if there was other things to use..maybe different colored seeds, but not sure if the kids would recognize a bunch of dots in a box as seeds, lol, they will all have to be painted kind of small being a bingo board and small cards. Anyway, thanks in advance!

CG

2. mtngirl35

mtngirl35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2013
    Tennessee
    Worms.[​IMG]

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  4. CG Raine

CG Raine New Egg

Oct 19, 2014
    heehee first on the list!

5. CG Raine

CG Raine New Egg

Oct 19, 2014
    awesome thank you for the links!! tons of stuff to put on their scratch and peck board!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by