things have turned nasty!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 688peterl, Dec 2, 2009.

1. 688peterl

688peterl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    i know i have another thread on this but because of all the drama i felt it deserved another..

donald has just pulled out one of louis new feathers!, here is a pic...

[​IMG]

i have split them up now by putting a divider in the brooder but they can still both get to the water, i have left louis with the giraffe though because he i felt sorry for him [​IMG]

2. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    ps its a feather with that hard thing that digs into the skin so it must of hurt! what should i do???

3. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    i think one of them will have to go

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

A duck living all by themselves isn't a happy duck. What are you feeding them?

5. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    Quote:im feeding them grower, they have lots of treats too, and a duck that is pecked to death isnt a happy duck either [​IMG]

6. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Can you keep them in the same brooder, but divided?

7. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    Quote:they are in the brooder now together all snuggled up he seems fine now but yesterday he must have been in a bad mood or something he was being reaaaaly nasty

8. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    When we first got our three, Rory and Mr. Snoogles used to bully Doogie something bad. They'd pull Doogie's feathers out and be so mean all the neighbours were complainin that watchin it made them sad. Then one day, while Mr. Snoogles was having a big old yawn, Doogie gave Snoogie the hardest thump in the stomach I've ever seen. Mr. Snoogles made this huge squeaky noise and jumped a mile. Things have really settled down now. They still pick on Doogie but not bad and not as much and usually it's because he's sittin in the waterbowl when they want a drink. Maybe yours will settle too? It took a good three, four weeks for ours to get along. However...yours are boys and mine are girls so I don't know if maybe it's different for boys? Poor little bullied duck does look sad [​IMG]
    At one point I got a water pistol so that everytime they were bullying Doogie I'd squirt them to make them stop but turns out they ducks and they liked it. I can be a bit thick sometimes. One year left of my doctorate to go but I couldn't figure out that squirtin ducks as punishment wouldn't work!
    xx

9. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    Quote:i dont know if mine are boys yet they might both be girls, and when donald was being mean to louis i was squirting him and he liked it too so that didnt work lol they seem ok now

10. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Lol, now when I want them to go somewhere I squirt the water pistol in the direction I want them to run. Works every time!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by