Things just got much worse...see pg 3.

shelleyb1969

Star Bright Farm
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Brown City, Michigan (Thumb)
Is there no such thing as good luck anymore?

Just when all my plans and dreams for my flock was going in the right direction, a wrench has been thrown at me.
barnie.gif
I prefer to keep the details private...but it boils down to me now not being able to do several of the things I really needed to do this spring.

HOWEVER...this will not keep me down! I have a strong hand upon my shoulder, and I know He will guide me down the right path.

I know there's a lot of fellow BYC members who are dealing with the same feelings right now. Times are hard, very hard...but we will get through this.

"This too, shall pass" my friends.

Last edited:
whenever one door closes a window opens somewhere. the key is to keep your eyes and ears open for the sounds of birds singing - that's how you know where the open window is!!
big_smile.png

My Mommom used to say that and you know she was always right.
wink.png

Thanks for all the encouraging words...I really needed to hear them.
hugs.gif

Now I must be patient and wait for His plan to unfold for me. I know something good will come of this...it's just hard to see it at this point.

My family has been through several hardships over the course of this past year...the hardest being the loss of my sister to cancer. That was probably the lowest point in my life, and every day I'm reminded how much I miss her. But I got through that with His help, and I will make it through this too.

This be just a bump in the road, and I'm drivin' a Hummer!
thumbsup.gif

(I don't really have a Hummer, trust me!
lau.gif
)

Shelley...same here, lost my mother and two brothers all in just a few years
sad.png
It's SO hard but when your a strong person you can deal with it. You DO seem very strong
hugs.gif

Then we had money issues here to stomp on my dream of making a HUGE hen house....we compromised and I got a smaller one. There is always SOMETHING to stomp on dreams isn't there! Now that we finally got our finances under control and actually have an emergency fund things are looking up. It took a year of not getting ANYTHING except what we really needed (VERY hard for me) but we did it and now I get another hen house this spring
big_smile.png
it does get better
wink.png
Hang in there! BTW, since I got my chickens my sadness over my lost loved ones has lessened.
big_smile.png
I think I found I found the hobby I love most in life
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom