Things just got much worse...see pg 3.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shelleyb1969, Mar 25, 2009.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Is there no such thing as good luck anymore?

Just when all my plans and dreams for my flock was going in the right direction, a wrench has been thrown at me. [​IMG] I prefer to keep the details private...but it boils down to me now not being able to do several of the things I really needed to do this spring.

HOWEVER...this will not keep me down! I have a strong hand upon my shoulder, and I know He will guide me down the right path.

I know there's a lot of fellow BYC members who are dealing with the same feelings right now. Times are hard, very hard...but we will get through this.

"This too, shall pass" my friends.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    [​IMG] I love your positive attitude! That's half of the battle right there. With that, you will get through whatever has come your way! [​IMG]

3. chook pen jen

chook pen jen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Collie W.Australia
    Hard times make us stronger in the end ,and makes us appreciate the good times more ,at least we hope so [​IMG] stay strong.

4. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    whenever one door closes a window opens somewhere. the key is to keep your eyes and ears open for the sounds of birds singing - that's how you know where the open window is!! [​IMG]

My Mommom used to say that and you know she was always right. [​IMG]

5. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    [​IMG] We know what a streak of bad luck is! Staying positive has helped us along! [​IMG]

6. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hope things work out for you! Sorry to hear about your hardship. Anything I can do, let me know.

7. shelleyb1969

Thanks for all the encouraging words...I really needed to hear them. [​IMG]

Now I must be patient and wait for His plan to unfold for me. I know something good will come of this...it's just hard to see it at this point.

My family has been through several hardships over the course of this past year...the hardest being the loss of my sister to cancer. That was probably the lowest point in my life, and every day I'm reminded how much I miss her. But I got through that with His help, and I will make it through this too.

This be just a bump in the road, and I'm drivin' a Hummer! [​IMG]

(I don't really have a Hummer, trust me! [​IMG])

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Shelley...same here, lost my mother and two brothers all in just a few years [​IMG] It's SO hard but when your a strong person you can deal with it. You DO seem very strong [​IMG]
    Then we had money issues here to stomp on my dream of making a HUGE hen house....we compromised and I got a smaller one. There is always SOMETHING to stomp on dreams isn't there! Now that we finally got our finances under control and actually have an emergency fund things are looking up. It took a year of not getting ANYTHING except what we really needed (VERY hard for me) but we did it and now I get another hen house this spring [​IMG] it does get better [​IMG] Hang in there! BTW, since I got my chickens my sadness over my lost loved ones has lessened. [​IMG] I think I found I found the hobby I love most in life [​IMG]

9. shelleyb1969

Quote:You have no idea how much we have in common. [​IMG]

I agree about the chickens. I've found so much joy with them...it's really helped me get through everything. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  10. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Going wrong even has it's own rule. Whatever can go wrong will. It just sucks that anything can go wrong.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by