Things Like This Make Me Laugh...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Bec, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

So my good frien stopped by this afternoon. Of course as any good friend would....I turned her onto chickens!!! so she is trying to decide what breed she wants.she has already decided she wants 8 brown egg layers. So anyway..she and I worked together at TSC. She is still there part time. Well they got their babies in and in the banty bin was a little silkie. They told her there that silkies are very rare and the chances of gettign another one are slim to none!! [​IMG] They also told her that if she tried to get them, it would be really expensive because of their rareness!!!
    I was cracking up...!!!

Just thought I would share that with you guys!!!

2. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

The scary thing is.....They walk among us..... :eek:

3. bamadominaker

bamadominaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    Thats really funny b/c all the hatcheries i go to tell you what is rare or very rare. Probably one of those associates who don't love chickens like we do and just assumed b/c they had never seen one it was very rare. [​IMG] [​IMG] Make sure to introduce your friend to the BYC so she can see how rare her silkie is [​IMG] [​IMG]

Aimie

4. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

so its making her want silkies even more so???

5. Bec

After I told her about them, she doesn't want them, although i would LOVE to have them. She wants large brown eggs.....which is another thing they told her about silkies...HAHAHAHA....That they lay large brown eggs. She wants something that is a large breed and friendly..she loves my buff orp hens!!! She asked if I would run her through all the breeds that are what she is looking for and then she will decide....

Oh and no worries....She will be looking around on here!!!

6. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    WOW! I had no idea! My aunt has pens of those rare Silkies and she was just giving them away.... better tell her the news [​IMG]

7. Bec

[​IMG] Yeah Really!! LOL

8. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    [​IMG] Some of those farm store workers are good for a laugh, huh?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by