Things puppies aren't supposed to eat

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by P-Funk, Dec 13, 2011.

1. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    I did some extensive research. Among other things that are harmful (possibly fatal) to dogs is a a list I've compiled that the puppy used to eat daily.
    1. Bacon. Why are there bacon flavored treats? He cleaned my plate every morning.
    2. Onions. He loves the scraps that hit he floor. That's why he sits and watches me cook.
    3. Salt. When he behaves I throw nuts on his couch. He now knows it's his couch. This is why bacon is bad (salt content).
    4. Eggs. Apparently cause skin problems
    5. Tomatos. Can kill them instantly via heart attack.
    6. Walnuts. Refer to # 3.
    Everyone knows about things like chocolate and alcohol, but if the rest of this is all true, little Gus wouldn't be guarding the chicks as we speak. He ate my cell phone last week but I got the battery out of his mouth before he swallowed it [​IMG]

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

All a load of horse puckey....

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    My dogs eat EVERYTHING they can get their teeth on. They have eaten:
    Soda Cans
    Clay
    Stuffing (out of the inside of a dog toy)
    Firewood (they will steal it from the wood pile [​IMG] )
    Chicken Poop
    Chicken Feathers
    Chicken Food (I caught one of my dogs drinking out of the chicken waterer today. She looked pretty pathetic.)
    And much, much more that I cannot remember off the top of my head. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  4. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
  5. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Quote:They can't have alcohol? [​IMG]
    Is there an AA for dogs?

6. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Quote:I love that list, I laughed all the way through it! Especially because they couldn't even spell diarrhea. The only one I completely agree with is the chicken/small bones. Seen that too many times! But, everyone knows a dog on the street will eat ANYTHING, and usually have stomachs made of iron. When I was growing up my mother had a chihuahua that was taught to say Momma by giving her a handful of M&Ms. Every day. The dog lived to 13, but was hit by a car. A friend's dog was named Boozer cuz the owners gave him beer to drink at least twice a week instead of water. And my dog loves salted peanuts and sunflower seeds. When I worked in the vets office all 4 of our vets recommended egg whites for better skin. Garlic is also a homeopathic treatment for fleas. If this list was true, my mother would never have raised a dog to adulthood LOL!

7. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Quote:They can't have alcohol? [​IMG]
    Is there an AA for dogs?

Lol our big dog love scotch. We never let him having any, because we don't believe in sharing good scotch. [​IMG]

8. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    My dogs eaten 2 pairs of very expensive eye glasses. [​IMG] The lens cost me over 500.00 the last time I had to replace them. We have litters of puppies about once a year, and each batch of puppies manage to damage something different each time. i am not looking forward to that stage this coming March. [​IMG] It is a darn good thing that the puppies are really cute, and worth a bunch of cash.

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:Chocolate yes. Cooked poultry bones yes. Most of the rest of that list is a joke.

10. Johndeere96

Johndeere96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Nh
    All 3 of my dogs has eaten almost everything on that list (almost) some of it even in large quantities and often ones 13 ones 4 and ones just a puppy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by