things that make you go hummmm...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by OBXChic, Feb 4, 2014.

1. OBXChic

OBXChic New Egg

Sep 17, 2013
    ok so my dad told me there is no such thing as a dumb question..so here it goes..

I have a Polish Rooster that kinda looks like Keith Richards..and two Silkie Hens...my Silkie Hens just started to lay eggs this week...

here goes the question part...Can my Polish Rooster Fertilize the Silkie Eggs?

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    yes

3. OBXChic

OBXChic New Egg

Sep 17, 2013
    Thank YOU for helping...I am new to this Chicken stuff...
    I have two Rhole Island Red crossed with Black Sexton..they are my egg laying hens..and in their own coop...

Last winter I decided to add a Crazy Silkie to the flock..well I ended up coming home with three very sick lil chickens...my two silkies are hens..however the farmers unique way of sexing the chickens was bogus and I now have this crazy Keith Richards looking Polish Rooster in the bunch...he is in with my silkies..

OK soooo I have never done baby chickens..and there are 4 Silkie Eggs in the coop..HELP!

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Unless you want chicks and the silkies are broody, take the eggs and eat them.

1 person likes this.
  5. OBXChic

OBXChic New Egg

Sep 17, 2013
    yes the lil Silkie Ladies are Broody...and I really dont want chicks....so I will pull the eggs out...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by