Things to ponder

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chinchilla2, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Why is it called a hot water heater? If the water is already hot, why do we need to heat it?

Why is it called tuna fish? We don't say hamburger cow, ham pig, or chicken bird.

Exactly who decided it was sheep we were supposed to count to fall asleep?

Why is it that a small child will never ask a question until you are in the middle of an important telephone conversation?

Why do people ask "are we there yet?" when the car is still moving down the highway?

What was the greatest thing before the invention of sliced bread?

Feel free to add more.

2. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Why is it called a hot water heater? If the water is already hot, why do we need to heat it?
    - To differentiate between the device that stores hot water, and that which stores and heats

Why is it called tuna fish? We don't say hamburger cow, ham pig, or chicken bird.
    - Tuna is also the name of the mature fruit of the prickly pear cactus

Exactly who decided it was sheep we were supposed to count to fall asleep?
    - Because it always was the blame of the sheepherder boy that fell asleep under that haymow

Why is it that a small child will never ask a question until you are in the middle of an important telephone conversation?
    - small children believe they are the center of the universe. Giving attention to something other than themself will result in a profound physiological need to re-establish this center.

Why do people ask "are we there yet?" when the car is still moving down the highway?
    - For the same reason I'm replying to this post. I can't help myself.

What was the greatest thing before the invention of sliced bread?
    - Having to tear it up in great chunks I suppose. Or, no, I've got it. You ever watch your Oma slice those huge loaves of bread, held close to the busom with one hand and carving off perfect slices with a giant sword-like knife with the other?

3. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:To the last one, it's a pocket on a shirt.

4. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Pockets on clothing, definitely better than sliced bread! Thanks, Royd

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by