1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Think Green (pics)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bayouchica, Mar 30, 2007.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Even though we are desperate for some rain, spring has sprung in the Bayou state!!!
    [​IMG]
    Did I tell yall I live on Wisteria Lane? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have a great day everyone! Miriam

2. merryreader

merryreader Chillin' With My Peeps

That is a beautiful tree. I thought Wisterias were a vine? I have 2 vines, but they haven't blossomed yet. What kind of predators do you have to worry about with your chickens loose? I watch for hawks and foxes, mostly. Merry

3. bayouchica

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hi, Merry that wisteria is on a short pole,been there for years.My MIL trims the vines every year or it would be all over the place. [​IMG]
    We have hawks ,a couple of years ago I lost a pullet to a small hawk.One time I had to chase off someones hunting dogs with a .20 guage shotgun... I didn't shoot them,just to scare them away.
    I've heard coyotes a night around here,but the worst are the coons & stinkin' possums :mad:
    I stay out with my chickens most of the time during the day & the dogs are out with me.

Later,Miriam

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

How pretty...all of my yard is brown dead grass or mud.[​IMG]

5. merryreader

merryreader Chillin' With My Peeps

Very pretty! I know. My yard is mostly mud right now too. But, Spring is on the way!! No, wait. It's here!!! Merry

6. edbama2

edbama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Very nice yard. I like the disc golf goal basket too. Do you play disc golf? I used to when I lived near a course. [​IMG]

7. bayouchica

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Well they say rain is on the way here.. [​IMG] I won't believe it till it falls from the sky [​IMG]
    edbama2, Yes that's a disc golf basket my hubby made from scratch. I was wonerding if anyone would notice it. [​IMG] I've played a bit,but the old man is way better than me. [​IMG] I never could get the disc to go straight [​IMG]

Later,Miriam

8. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Here's one for ya to contemplate.......it snowed here last night. In Arizona! We always warm up in March, then have one more cold snap. Hopefully, that was it. I'm ready to plant my garden!

9. tessa

tessa New Egg

Mar 28, 2007
    Derbyshire
    What a lovely large garden you have. Love the wisteria. Spring has arrived in Derbyshire. Spent the weekend preparing my vergetable beds ready for planting in May.

Regards

Tessa

10. pegbo

pegbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    I'm still waiting for green. My yard is also brown and muddy! I'm waiting for the greening snow to fall. I've been buying seeds, and drooling over bedding plants for the past month![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by