Think I got problem

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by daddy_roo, Sep 30, 2011.

1. daddy_roo

daddy_roo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Kentucky
    I was given about 50 eggs to hatch in my incubator. This is my first time ever hatching anything. When I recieved them the lady told gave me 2 boxes of eggs and told me one box has not been set, and the other one had 16 eggs in it and they had been set for a day, and she had a heat pad in the box with them since I was going strait home to put them in the incubator. She called me today and was frantic, She was so excited to give me my first batch of eggs to ever hatch she gave me wrong information. The group of eggs she said had been set for a day she ment a week. I only have 1 incubator with an automatic turner, and noone else I know has one I can use. Everyone else I know that has chickens has broody hens. Help please what do I do. I have half an incubator with 19 days left, and haof of one with about 9. What do I do?

2. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    What kind of incubator and turner? If it is an LG or one of those, you can take out the turning trays for the eggs that are going to hatch early and just lay them to rest on the bottom. If you have an Octagon or something, ack!

3. daddy_roo

daddy_roo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Kentucky
    Its a little giant brand incubator and I have no Idea about the brand on the turner. I can look tomorow. They are in my mother in laws house and she is in bed. But what about lockdown procedures since the humidity needs to be higher for them. Can I raise the humidity for the time needed and then drop it back down with out hurting the others?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by