Think I have three cockerels?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MrsNesbitt, Oct 27, 2014.

1. MrsNesbitt

MrsNesbitt New Egg

Oct 27, 2014
    Hello everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post so I hope I'm doing everything correctly!
    I bought three chickens to add to my flock of five 10 weeks ago - all supposedly female. This week I've come to the conclusion they're probably all-male. Opinions welcome!
    The two almost identical white ones are Amber Stars and the little speckled one is a Silver Spangled Hamburg. Many thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MrsNesbitt

MrsNesbitt New Egg

Oct 27, 2014
    Sorry I forgot to say, the Hamburg is 24 weeks old and the Ambers are 20 weeks old. Thanks again.

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Yup, all roosters sorry.

[​IMG]

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Yes, all three of those are roosters.

5. MrsNesbitt

MrsNesbitt New Egg

Oct 27, 2014
    Ok thanks very much for your replies.
    The Silver Spangled Hamburg has a potential home already with a friend. The Amber boys I shall have a very hard time seperating or rehoming as we are so fond of them and they're so friendly and inseparable...!
    Can someone please tell me how long I have before they potentially start fighting (if is it not a given)?
    I have four hens but wondering if I get a few more and if one of the boys can take a beta role that I can keep both??
    The petting farm we bought them from won't take them back, unless we want them to be feed for the local wildlife centre. I couldn't bear that as they're such lovely chickens. :-/
    But don't want to be naive about any inevitable changes in their behaviour!

6. islandgirl82

islandgirl82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2014
    Maine
    If you have the room, you can make them a bachelor pad out of sight of the girls and they should get along just fine.

1 person likes this.
  7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    All are cockerels.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by