Think I know the breed... verify gender please!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by torrelee, Oct 9, 2011.

1. torrelee

torrelee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    So the little girls are right around 5 months now I think. My conclusion is that they are silkie x millie fleur d'uccle , and I am pretty sure that they are both girls. They are both tiny, maybe a pound and a half? I dont have a food scale... I would just like to verify that they are both little ladies so I can stop thinking about it!
    This is Korima:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Calliope (she was harder to get pictures of):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    next to my australorp for a size comparison:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks guys!

ETA: I broke down and bought them a pumpkin... its about 8 inches wide in that picture. They liked the seeds but didn't seem fond of the guts. Bet it'll be gone by tomorrow though!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Both pullets

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Yep, pullets. And your roo looks HUGE next to them!

4. torrelee

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    Oprah is a hen... albiet a decent sized one! I've been terrified to integrate them into the flock for just that reason. I've had them living in the coop in their tractor with the door open for a couple of weeks now. I removed the tractor today and put them on the roost with the big girls after dusk. THAT didn't last long... I went back out and helped them roost up where the big girls couldn't get them when I heard a ruckus. I'll put another roost up for them this week so the big girls can't pick on them, lol. Spoiled little poops.

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Whoops.... Well then, Oprah looks huge. [​IMG] I know how it is with putting them on the roost with big girls! I've been working on my 12 week pullets lately. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's a fail. But they learn eventually.

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    both pullets

7. torrelee

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    Thanks guys, I was thinking both girls, but with no wattles to speak of and I wasn't sure if the silkie blood would make the combs less reliable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by