Think i'm gonna try combining today

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Heathero617, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    I think i'm going to attempt to allow the nuggets in with the big boys today. They've been in a seperate pen inside the main run for 3weeks plus now, So they've been looking at each other thru fencing for that long. Kinda nervous as they are banty's and the others are rocks. Wish me luck as I havent done this in a while. Will be nice to have them all eating and drinking from the same feeders and into the same coop at night.

2. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Good Luck [​IMG]

3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Good luck wishes from here. Sometimes integration goes so smoothly you wonder what all the fuss was about and sometimes you understand why you worry. Sure hope it is more of the first than the second for you.

4. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    Well, their pen has been open at the top for a while now, they dont want out and the big guys dont want in. I've just come in to grab a drink and take some more cold meds then back out. I've hosed the coop out and letting it air out so i can put new straw in. So we'll see what they're doing when i do that. Have to remember to change shoes tho...i've learned that any toe nail polish is fine with them, they dont bother it UNLESS its teal metalic!!! LOL They will not leave the tootsies alone with this stuff on them.

5. Gerry2011

Gerry2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    LOL!!!!! [​IMG] Too funny. Glad to know that since I tend to wear metallics!

6. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    I guess they're just not ready yet >shrugs< although it seems every time i open the top to feed and water they try to escape and when i want them to venture out they dont wanna! Ohh well, guess i'll try again tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by