Think my bird’ll come home tomorrow?

degunuts

Chirping
Sep 28, 2020
Hey there! I was feeding my birds this morning, when one of the birds got away. He’s about 9 months old, been at my loft for 3 months, and wasn’t flown at his old loft. He also has a squab at my loft that’s about 3 weeks old, and a mate. He just sort of took off, pecked at the ground for an hour or two, then started doing some circles and took off. I think he’s just routing and overshot since it’s his first fly, but I’m just a worrywort. Y’all think he’ll be back tomorrow?

Hey there! I was feeding my birds this morning, when one of the birds got away. He’s about 9 months old, been at my loft for 3 months, and wasn’t flown at his old loft. He also has a squab at my loft that’s about 3 weeks old, and a mate. He just sort of took off, pecked at the ground for an hour or two, then started doing some circles and took off. I think he’s just routing and overshot since it’s his first fly, but I’m just a worrywort. Y’all think he’ll be back tomorrow?
I'm sorry to hear that! What breed is it? That's critical to his return or not.

I'm sorry to hear that! What breed is it? That's critical to his return or not.
High quality homer. I can’t remember the exact bloodline, though. The parents were racers that both finished top 10, though. Just has never been flown, so I’m thinking he just went to route and went overboard. Just never know, and my brain’s being a worrywort.

High quality homer. I can’t remember the exact bloodline, though. The parents were racers that both finished top 10, though. Just has never been flown, so I’m thinking he just went to route and went overboard. Just never know, and my brain’s being a worrywort.
Sorry, but it was three months when you got it? That bird ain't coming back. :oops:

I may be wrong, and I hope I am, but good homers settle to a loft by two months, flown or not from my experience. How far is its old home away?

Sorry, but it was three months when you got it? That bird ain't coming back. :oops:

I may be wrong, and I hope I am, but good homers settle to a loft by two months, flown or not from my experience. How far is its old home away?
Roundabout 45 minutes away, I think the guy might’ve moved though. I’ll ask him in the morning just in case. I’m just hoping that baby bird is enough incentive for him to come home and feed, but we’ll see.

You know what, this has happened to me many many times. They usually come back. I’ve only had about 3 in my ten years of having pigeons take off and that was either because of a hawk or ..... well because of a hawk usually but they will find their way. It’s really stressful though! I know how you feel. I hope he gets back bud

Back
Top Bottom