Think my little man found his voice today.......Yippee!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pinkchick, Dec 26, 2008.

1. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    Little Mister Man has been crowing since I bought him........but nothing like today! He hasn't stopped since I let them out this morning. Just louder and louder. He's happy go lucky clucking around with his gals in the snow pecking at the oatmeal crumble I made for them as treats.

This Roo is quite well mannered compared to my leghorn roo that died.

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Its so fun to hear them when they find there voice !!!

CONGRATS little man... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    How old is he?

4. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    He is 8 mos old.....he was crowing when I bought him but just not very loud. Not the case now!

Funny story the day I bought him, DH and I were at my favorite store Goodwill after I bought him, he was in dog crate in back of truck just crowing up a storm in the parking lot. Should have seen peoples faces wondering where this noise was coming from.
    Actually had someone announce over intercom " Shopper with Crowing Rooster in truck, please come to front desk" I ignored the first request to over intercom and continued shopping. Second request booms over speakers " To the shopper with chicken in truck, please come to front desk"
    So, I report as requested to be told that I should shush my chicken up as it is bothering customers coming in from parking lot"

"S'CUUUUUUZE ME!" I reply.
    Gal behind counter tells me that I cannot have Roosters inside the city limits because of noise ordinance.

DUH!!!!!!!!!! Does she think I live in the parking lot. I show her my ID and tell her that I am not an Oregonian resident and I am just shopping then going home to WASHINGTON and that I came to Oregon to buy the rooster. She insists that I cannot have Rooster inside the city limits and I must remove him from their parking lot. [​IMG]

"OKAY" I said. From there I went out and moved my truck to outside the parking lot then proceeded to go back into store (with Rooster tucked under my arm) where DH had been waiting for me with cart full of items. Gal behind counter [​IMG] "Ma'am what are you doing? I gently reminded her that she told me the Rooster could not be in their parking lot. She didn't say he couldn't be in store.
    After awkward silence " I stated "See now he's quiet, thank you for your concern"

I finished shopping with quiet rooster under my arm and nobody said another word to me!

What can I say sometimes its just worth it to give in to the little voices [​IMG]

5. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    Your my hero! I would never have had the guts to do that!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by