Think she needs antibiotics?

Lady Grey

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2015
Northwest Oregon
One of my runner girls, Andromeda, scraped her knee a few days ago. I didn't notice at first, so by the time I started caring for it, it was already hot and a bit swollen. I have been using triple antibiotic, drawing salve, tea tree oil, and blu-kote topically, and colloidal silver internally. In spite of these measure, the swelling is not diminishing, and the heat seems to be traveling up her leg.

Is it time for antibiotics? If so, how should we administer them? Orally? By injection? How do you inject something with feathers, anyway?? Which antibiotic should we use? We have Pen G and LA-200. I'll try to post a picture of her injury tomorrow when it's light.

Thanks!

Hi,

I would imagine that antibiotics would be a good bet right now. Sorry, i don't live in the US, so can't offer advice on what specific one to buy, but a broad spectrum one should do the job. I administer them by adding to drinking water, so you will have to isolate her whilst she is on them.

Good luck

CT

One of my runner girls, Andromeda, scraped her knee a few days ago. I didn't notice at first, so by the time I started caring for it, it was already hot and a bit swollen. I have been using triple antibiotic, drawing salve, tea tree oil, and blu-kote topically, and colloidal silver internally. In spite of these measure, the swelling is not diminishing, and the heat seems to be traveling up her leg.

Is it time for antibiotics? If so, how should we administer them? Orally? By injection? How do you inject something with feathers, anyway?? Which antibiotic should we use? We have Pen G and LA-200. I'll try to post a picture of her injury tomorrow when it's light.

Thanks!
A picture would be good.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom