1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Think the farm supply was wrong....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by IrishGardener, May 11, 2016.

1. IrishGardener

IrishGardener Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2012
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]I bought 4 chicks. Receipt says buff cochin, black sex link, speckled sussex and brown leghorn. Effie I believe is a speckled sussex. She was chipmunk colored as a chick which adds up. Lottie appears to be black sex link. Eggie is obviously a cochin. Feathered feet from a 3 day old chick. Nobody looks like brown leghorn. Maybe Effie? She sure looks sussex though. Dottie I think is a Dominique. Her legs aren't fully yellow but maybe cause she's still young? She has a different comb too. Is the flat one a rose comb? I read Dominique have rose combs. Any ideas? The photos are Effie(brown) and Dottie (Black and white)

2. IrishGardener

Jul 1, 2012
    Heres a photo of all 4 [​IMG]together for comparison. Also, Dottie is the smalkest of the 4, Eggie and Lottie are biggest.

3. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    First photo is a Dominique. Yes, that is a rose comb.

Second photo is a speckled Sussex.

On the last photo, do you have a better photo of the dark chicken? It may be a sex link... The gold one is probably the buff Cochin.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. IrishGardener

Jul 1, 2012
    [​IMG]The yellow is a buff cochin. Black is sex link.[​IMG] Just really wanted to clear up the mystery of Dottie! Definately not a brown leghorn! I've been researching Dominique and I'm excited that seems to be her. Sounds like they are great chickens.

Last edited: May 12, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by