Think we got a deal! New coop coming!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kidsnchicks, Oct 26, 2010.

1. kidsnchicks

kidsnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2010
    A lovely lady saw my want add on craigslist and emailed me, they have a 57" tall, 48" wide and 60" long coop. Also has a stand it can go on to make egg collecting and cleaning easier. She offered it to me for $50! She said they had 6 chickens in there, it will be perfect for my daughters 4H birds as she is wanting banties. They are also going to bring it to me for another $25. I am happy that I was able to find something for my daughters 4H and soooo happy that there are some nice people out there. We are really needing something good to happen in our life right now and this is a very nice start. I do have a pic but its very big, and Im not good at adjusting that, but she is sending me more pics.

My daughter is super excited, she is wanting to get new birds right now,lol!

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Wahoo! That is wonderful!!!!!!

You'll have to take pictures when it's yours and all settled and you have YOUR chickens in it!!!

3. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    [​IMG]

I would love to find that kind of deal! Congrats!

4. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Sounds like a nice deal!!

5. bufforpingtons13

bufforpingtons13 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2010
    Be careful with 4-h chickens. I got some and had to put a bunch down because they didnt tell us they were a fast growing hibrid. Many became crippled and weak. Just som advice , give them quick chick or something.

6. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    Have as much fun as we are!!! We got our chicks about 12 weeksago, have built a coop, added a run and now enclosed the old coop to make the hen house!!

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Great Deal!!

IF your daughter is interested in bantam go with Sebrights.They were so easy to raise. The roosters are a Whoot! They think they are 10x's bigger than they are, lol. I also had a pretty cochin that got caught up in my picks . She rasied up well tooo.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Get seramas, you could fit alot of them in that coop, they come in smooth, silkied and frizzle feathered. I'm sure they would turn heads - most people have never heard of them.

9. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    When do we get to see this pics???

10. kidsnchicks

kidsnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2010
    Thanks! She is going to take more pics for me today, to dark last night. They are bringing it Sunday to my place so I will definately get picks then. My daughter is wanting blue silkies and mottled cochins, and I think there was another colorof Cochins that she liked as well. We may have to wait till first thng in the spring to get her birds but I ama little worried they may not be old enough for fair if we wait. Guess we will have to see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by