Think we got a double yolker! And I think our last hen is ready.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CandiceN, Aug 31, 2011.

1. CandiceN

CandiceN Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    NH
    My son brought me this from the coop :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And our youngest pullet, a 17-18 week old RSL has been squatting and going in and out of the nest boxes. Her comb and wattles are nice and red and she's about the same size as our other hens now. I think she'll be laying soon! Woohoo! [​IMG] It will be nice to have all 4 of them laying so I can just switch to layer feed instead of using flock raiser!

[​IMG]

2. ednasgirl

ednasgirl Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2011
    We had the exact thing happen. One "baby" egg and one goose sized which indeed was a double yolker! Now 8 of ours are laying pretty regularly . We love our girls.

3. CandiceN

CandiceN Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    NH
    Turns out it was a double after all, and it was very tasty [​IMG] AND - we got 4 eggs for the first time ever today! Yay for all of my girls finally laying! [​IMG] My sons and I were so excited earlier. It's silly how something like this can just put a smile on your face, isn't it?

4. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    Quote:I don't think it's silly at all, it's finding pleasure in the simple things in life.

5. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Mine are all finally laying as well, 9 eggs a day, and in two weeks, 3 double yolkers....yeah for us![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by