Thinking about a goat...Can you post pics of your goats? please.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chicks & ducks, May 14, 2010.

1. chicks & ducks

chicks & ducks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2010
    I've been trolling the forum and there are some good 'goat' threads but I would love to just SEE everyone's goats. Please share [​IMG]

2. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    I'll take any opportunity I can get to post a pic of this little guy, our most recent Nubian buckling born. We're super proud of him! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bad news is...we gotta sell him. [​IMG] He's related to practically everything in the herd, one way or another. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

You can send him down here...................... [​IMG]

Here are my fainters Max & Madison as babies... have to find adult pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  4. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:OH MY GOSH! I think I would get rid of everything just to keep him! That or make a weather out of him..

Your fainters Chickenzoo are cute!!!

5. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

How much does a little guy like that sell for? [​IMG]

6. cmjust0

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Quote:My wife's absolutely heartbroken over the lil guy. He's the sweetest thing, too.. She's mentioned the 'w' word a time or two, but I think both of us recognize that he's too special for that. He needs to make babies. [​IMG]

Quote:Dunno yet.. His daddy is a registered PB American Nubian, and his mom *could have been* in the ADGA herdbook as a 50% Recorded Grade, as her daddy (this buckling's maternal granddaddy) was a FB Nubian... Granddaddy was never registered, though...but we're working on that, even after the fact. We've got his pedigree and the paperwork to do it...we just don't have the goat anymore. [​IMG] Might be able to track him down, though. [​IMG]

Even if all that works out, ADGA won't record a grade buck.. Soooo..no ADGA papers, regardless of the fact that he very well be 100% Nubian, genetically speaking. His grandma -- an unregistered, but conforming Nubian doe who's pedigree we literally have NO CLUE about -- is either a purebred or a way high % Nubian, and she's the only real "?" in the whole deal...other than her, we *know* his blood is pure.

We can probably get him some recorded grade papers through IDGR, but...I dunno if it's worth it.

If he were a registered PB, I'd probably start at $400 and take no less than $350 for him.

As it stands, though...obviously, substantially less than that. [​IMG]

He won't be a give-away, though, that much we know! [​IMG]

7. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    He is too special to be weathered..
    ...Id keep him close to home though to see how his kids turned out!

8. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Can't you find a little girl goat on another farm and "save" them for each other . . . sort of an agreed marriage, only you WILL get a goat out of the deal?

9. cmjust0

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Quote:We could, probably...but we've still got the buck and doe who MADE the little guy, and we're seeing trends we like out of the sire so far.. Pretty sure he's gonna give us quite a few really, really nice babies. [​IMG]

For instance, here's one of his progeny we are keeping...a little spotted doeling. My 9yo niece named her "Cocoa." [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a shot of these two kids' sire, Valentino, as a kid himself.. He's all grow'd up now, of course, and has only gotten better with age. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little family resemblance between Cocoa and 'Tino, huh? [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  10. redturtle

redturtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    stanardsville, va
    so adorable...and nice looking....wish i were closer and ready for goats

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by