Thinking about getting a Dickey

CelticOaksFarm

Family owned, family run
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Florida - Space Coast
Have talked to hubby about getting a cabinet bator for next year. After looking for 3 months I think a Dickey with 3 trays and a hatcher tray. I know there are tons of fans of these cabinets so please share your thoughts and any tips you have.

I've heard nothing but good things about them , but I went with GQF because I live in Ga and they are built in Savanna Ga + I got a very good deal on them .

Last edited:
I absolutely love my Dickey though I decided to get a smaller incubator for a hatcher. I have the 2x2 and I find that doing staggered hatches can be difficult. I prefer a separate hatcher so it doesn't screw with the humidity for the eggs still incubating. But I still love my Dickey.

Bought it for under 400 too. Below are the details, hoping to pick it up by the weekend.

with 3 auto turning trays and an addition hatching tray, electronic thermostat & digital hygrometer and automatic humidity system w/5 gallon capacity and six plastic egg positioners​

I have heard nothing but good things about Dickeys. I bought a Sportsman too because I got a good deal. I originally incubated in my LG and Hova-Bator styrofoams, but now I use them as hatchers.

They are very good incubators, worry free, great quality, good parts, American made !!!. You can't go wrong.

I hatch in both LG and Hova-Bator styrofoams. I do staggered hatches so it works well for me. I did put the incubator on a table that fits perfectly under it. I used to have it on the floor.

IMG_3499.jpg
IMG_3364.jpg
IMG_3513.jpg

This is my last hatch for awhile. I just hatched some out yesterday and another batch is pipping and will start hatching tomorrow. I put the new hatches in an homemade incubator I made as for the next few nights it's going to be in the 40's and 30's. I have the incubators in our guest apartment. We are expecting some company so DH said the apartment is off limits for now. I guess I could bring everything into the house LOL.

IMG_3512.jpg

Back
Top Bottom