Thinking about getting pigeons

DylanP

Chirping
Aug 13, 2020
Hi everyone, i have raised chickens and everything else before so I figured i would try something new , i found some iranian high flying pigeons for sale , do i need more than one pair to get eggs ? I was told i needed more than one pair to get eggs šŸ¤”

Hi everyone, i have raised chickens and everything else before so I figured i would try something new , i found some iranian high flying pigeons for sale , do i need more than one pair to get eggs ? I was told i needed more than one pair to get eggs šŸ¤”
Hey there! Good choice on the pigeons!

No, you just need one mated pair to have fertile eggs.

Do you plan to fly them eventually? If so, great! If not, high flyers aren't the best option, as they like to fly, alot! If your any to keep them 109% secure, a small aviary and coop would be nice, and then get a ornamental breeed, that's bred for looks and not flying ability.

If you do hope to fly, it's very rewarding, but does have its risk! For flying, racers, rollers, high flyers and tumblers are the main breeds.

Good luck! I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, just ask! :)

Thank you šŸ™šŸ» , it actually helps alot , Thats what i was thinking but the guy i was going to get them off said i needed more than one pair for breeding and for them to flourish , the pair i was looking at are 120 they were 150 šŸ’€ , i think before i do fly ill get them to lay some eggs and hatch a few so i always have the color available, i found a set of solid white ones , i was going to get them with birmingham rollers because i thought i needed a flock lol

ahh okay so if i went with just the high flyers could i just breed solid whites or would i need another pair ? Im sorry if im asking stupid questions šŸ˜… im completely new to pigeons

ahh okay so if i went with just the high flyers could i just breed solid whites or would i need another pair ? Im sorry if im asking stupid questions šŸ˜… im completely new to pigeons
No, you a tent asking stupid questions!

What color is the original pair? It's hard to say What they will or might breed without seeing them and the family trees. so I don't know if they will breed solid whites.

Absolutely solid white I believe
2347B123-5D74-4FE8-B00A-1700413DB8C9.png

Apparently they are of high quality bloodline , they were imported from overseas apparently

Apparently they are of high quality bloodline , they were imported from overseas apparently
That's great! But don't believe anything without a pedigree :old

fo r the price he's asking, ask to see their pedigree, and if he doesn't have that, ask to see their records. do this in person. Seeing there records will tell you ALOT! You may learn that the pair has never produced a good quality youngster, or all the eggs they've laid has been infertile.

Back
Top Bottom