Thinking about hatching.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chicken Girl, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Hello my fellow peeps! lol I am new to all the chicken stuff and I want to try and hatch chicks! lol I am going crazzy [​IMG] ! What is the best bator and were is the best place to get eggs? thanks

Chicken Girl.

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

There are many types of incubators, it depends on how many you want to hatch, and your price range.

I'd suggest local eggs to try first. It can take some time to get the hang of, so the last thing you want is the hassle of shipped eggs. [​IMG]

3. doodledoo

doodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    Cartersville, GA
    ***WARNING*** Once you start, you won't stop! I have two LG's and I know there are alot of conflicting opinions about them but I have always had good luck with mine. They are around $42 at my local TSC.

4. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    I have a Hovabator 1588 and a Little giant. I love my hovabator but had good success with the LG as well.

If you want a hovabator, get it right from the GQF website.
    Check your local Craigs list for eggs, usually under farm and garden.

Ps. doodledoo is right!!!!! You can't do it just once!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  5. chickenlover456

chickenlover456 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Hi!
    It all depends on how many eggs you want to hatch. If you are thinking 10 or above, I'd get a Hovabator or Little Giant.if its 3-6, get the Mini R-COM Digital. You can order racks to put in, so you can hatch more than just 3. As for eggs, look right here on BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by