Thinking about ordering Runners.... Holderreads?? *UPDATE - GOT THEM!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Mom2Munchkins, May 12, 2010.

1. Mom2Munchkins

Mom2Munchkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I have never ordered from a hatchery... I'm looking to get a few runners. Which hatchery do you recommend? I want them ASAP.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  2. pdhirte

pdhirte New Egg

Nov 4, 2009
    Dexter
    We bought runners from Holdereads in oregon. Bought from them before and very good quality. They have many colors and also can order exibition if you want.

3. reggiejr

reggiejr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2009
    maine
    looks like metzer has some available for shipping on the 17th or so.I ordered some geese there this spring and i have had good luck with them. my order went through promply and shipped on time.heard nothing but good things about holderread also.

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  4. Mom2Munchkins

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Looks like for 10 of the Deluxe Assortment from Holderreads is $60.70 with shipping...

Send me some good luck vibes for when I suggest this to my husband tonight. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Mom2Munchkins

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Ok... I mailed in an order to Holderreads! Now that I think of it, do you think it's too late in the year???

6. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Not for ducklings. They are very messy and you will want to get them outside as soon as you can. We got ours from Holderreads too and we are very pleased with them.

[​IMG]

Sharon

7. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I just received my 5 Assorted Runner Ducklings from them. Very pleased with them.

8. Mom2Munchkins

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I just mean do you think they still have some available??

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I know they had some as of two weeks ago. We are literally just up the road from them, but have not personally delt with them as there is no place to house a duck in a condo. LOL And I'm not back home enough to care for ducks.

10. Mom2Munchkins

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Well, hopefully they'll have them... Anyone know how they work things/. Do they email you to let you know they recieved your order?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by