Thinking of adding bantams to my fleet

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by vortec, Apr 2, 2009.

1. vortec

vortec Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Martin County, NC
    Sebrights more specificly. Any experience with this breed. Also, any experience putting bantams in with the standard breeds one full grown of course. Good or bad idea? I'm open for suggestions and would appreciate the help. Thanks!

vortec

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Ive never had any problems putting OEGBs in with standard size birds. Sebrights, can fly pretty well, but as long as your run is covered you should be just fine.

3. vortec

Jan 29, 2009
    Martin County, NC
    Thanks! At what age do you consider the bantams able to get mixed in with the standards?

vortec

4. bantamfan

bantamfan Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2008
    The seabrights need to be almost full grown before putting them with the full sized guys and gals. Also, seabrights are not good setters, but if you have setters of any breed you can stick the eggs in with the others and they'll be fine, at least mine were. A beautiful breed, good luck.

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Yep Id make sure they are full grown or at least very close to it.

6. vortec

Jan 29, 2009
    Martin County, NC
    Quote:I am really looking forward to getting sebrights and bantams period. All my experience thus far has been with the heavy breeds and the bantams is going in the other direction. How many weeks is it that you consider the bantams mature, 10? Thanks again.

vortec

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by