1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thinking of Building on to Parents Place???? Need advice

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CoopCrazy, Nov 16, 2009.

1. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Hey been thinking of adding on to my parents home for a few years now... Was wondering if you all think it will be cheaper/smarter to build up or out.. Dont have to worry about septic and all that as we have checked and we made our finger system plenty large enough for it... Mom is having health issues and my poor Dad is just run to the limit.... Was really hoping I could move in and Help them out... But couldnt stand sharing the whole house with them again ... Love em but they drive me crazy... Any ideas or tips would be great...

2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:If health concerns are ongoing, go out not up, stairs can be difficult to do as health problems advance.

3. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:If health concerns are ongoing, go out not up, stairs can be difficult to do as health problems advance.

My only advice is to make an effort to match or compliment the original dwelling...... There's not like an addition, that screams add-on, which pretty much excludes a lean-to roof.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by