Thinking of getting pheasants.

Cjsquiggle

Chirping
Dec 12, 2018
Hello! I’m looking into getting pheasants. In the past we’ve raised ducks or chickens. I would like to start with just three. My neighbor and I would be splitting an order so three would be my share. I have a 5x10 dog run that ive converted for ducks that I was going to modify for three pheasants. Not sure if that is enough room for them though on a regular basis. When weather is nice and I am nearby they could be released but we do have predators so that wouldn’t be every day. Is that too small of an enclosure for three?....also...are pee ok it’s needed for 3

Hello! I’m looking into getting pheasants. In the past we’ve raised ducks or chickens. I would like to start with just three. My neighbor and I would be splitting an order so three would be my share. I have a 5x10 dog run that ive converted for ducks that I was going to modify for three pheasants. Not sure if that is enough room for them though on a regular basis. When weather is nice and I am nearby they could be released but we do have predators so that wouldn’t be every day. Is that too small of an enclosure for three?....also...are pee ok it’s needed for 3
pheasants are not like chickens......they can’t be free ranged.
they have to be in a fully enclosed flight pen. you could possibly keep 3 (depending on the type) in the 5x10 but larger space would be better.

Back
Top Bottom