Third try

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mechey, Jul 31, 2010.

1. mechey

mechey Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2010
    Tifton
    This is my third try at hatching bantum eggs. One hatched this morning and I can hear cheeping from other eggs. I have two styrofoam bators. Should I take the eggs out of the egg turners and put them in the other bator to finish hatching? What about the ones cheeping in the eggs? should I crack the egg or something?

2. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    from what i know, the turner should have been taken out on day 18.

what day is it for you on lock down?

3. nicoletm24

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    and i wouldn't help unless you KNOW the chick is distressed....but it its just day 21...try and wait

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    On day 18 you take the chicks out of the turner, up the humidity (60-65) and stop turning. DONT open the incubator. Dont help the chicks out if you open the bator your jeopardizing all the other unhatched chicks. Wait until day 23 to open.

5. mechey

mechey Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2010
    Tifton
    Today is day 18. One has hatched and 5 eggs are pipped with chirping inside. Should I take these five chirping eggs out of the incubater with the egg turner in it as I have a second set of eggs in it. and move the five to another bator to finish hatching. I have been around chickens all my life, but this hatching thing is new to me. Sorry I am so dumb about it. Also, as they hatch can I leave them in the second bator together with feed and water?

6. nicoletm24

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    if today is just day 18...then i might would move the ones that are hatching.

are the other ones not due for awhile?

but you need to make sure you have the humidty and temp PERFECT for the eggs you're moving.

JMO

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by