1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

This 2 hens are from a Buff Brahma Bantam mom and ? bantam father.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Shades of Blue, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    [​IMG]

These girls both had a buff brahma bantam mom and a bantam dad but what kind of bantam dad? the one in the back has a bit of a beard as you can see. Any ideas.....? The lady that I bought them from said some of the bantam roos flew over the fence and this is what was created. The one in front is a bit bigger than the buff brahma's I have and the other one in the back is smaller than the buff girls.

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the back one looks like it's quail in color but without know what breeds the roos are they could be anything back i would say a d'anvers

3. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I had asked the lady where i bought them and she just shrugged and said "I don't know....maybe quail' so that sounds like that would be right. She has not laid an egg yet so if it is speckled then that might help finish the guessing of quail. The speckled on in front is laying and she has a little bit larger buff egg than the two buff brahma bantams that I have. I was wanting to sell eggs from them but was not sure how to list them other than mixed bantams I guess. thanks for your input....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by