This? At a CHURCH?!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by McCord6, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hubby and I went to the bread bank at a church yesterday to get some bread, only planning on getting 2 maybe 3 loaves of bread but instead they gave us 4 to 5 BOXES full! Filled up both my fridge and freezer. We got family and people around Worthington Springs who cant drive to Gainesville coming to pick up bread today... Anyways when we got to the church, they had 2 big signs out in the front... 1 is a sign of xmas lights and the other is 3 post signs that has 1 message. The Message is the same: ISLAM IS OF THE DEVIL! WTH! My husband and I felt sick just for reading those signs. How can a church say something like that! The lady that ran the bread bank offered to talk to the paster into helping my husband get a job but he turned her down, no way is he going to work at a church with such racist remark! On our way out, we saw another sign that says "OBAMA is the WORSE!" That made hubby's blood just BOIL!

The lady in there said that they haven't been having people come in for the bread bank nor the thrift store...WOW, I wonder WHY!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:I agree. I am not a fan of Obama but I am grateful that my priest prays for him-as do I. If I passed a sign outside a Mosque that read Christians are going to hell, I would have a very negative view of Muslims. It certainly wouldn't make me want to convert to that faith. What is the purpose of such a message? It doesn't get people in the door of the church. If anything it repulses them.

3. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I'd be inclined to tell the church exactly why no one's coming for bread or the thrift store.

I'd also remind them that according to the Bible, they're not to be judging Islam or Obama.

4. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    When I was a young girl-12 or 13- I attended a Church with my friend. The pastor's wife taught the Sunday School for the older teens. Because I was a guest of an older girl I got to sit in the lesson. Much to my horror, the woman proceeded to inform us how interracial dating was against the Bible. She then twisted several verses to prove her point. Being young, I said nothing but I was sickened. Worse yet was the fact that the kids weren't being silent. They were actively agreeing with her!

5. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

give me the name of the church, and the town, and I"LL call and complain...

6. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. -Mohandas Gandhi

7. deb1

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Yep. Actions like this Church's really disgust people with our faith. Is there anyone that you can complain to McCord?

8. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I'm sorry to hear that, it's not what the Bible teaches. At least these folks are doing SOMEthing right, handing out bread with a generous hand to those in need. But a church is not a building but instead the people in it, and people are prone to error. That's why we have Christmas, because we needed a Savior.

9. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    The church McCord6 is talking about is in Gainesville Fl. believe you me it has had complaints..do a search on the Gainesville Sun...they are in the paper weekly..the "Pastor" is under all kinds of investigations etc. This has been going on 6-7 mo. I think the last news was about the T shirts with this saying on it being worn to school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by