This bothers me...

rainplace

Interstellar Duck Academy
10 Years
Jun 23, 2009
Northwestern Washington
I saw this ad on craigslist today. The bolded bits are from me:

Brown and White Chinese Geese - 3 Gorgeous Young Pairs - $50 (Orting, WA)
Date: 2009-10-20, 12:18AM PDT
Reply to: sale-scdu6-1429

Two pairs of very healthy 9 month old Brown Chinese geese - $50 per pair. Will not break up pairs.

Also two whites as well, I beleive they are a pair as well - $30 each or $50 for the pair.

Chinese geese are fairly quiet and do not make noise constantly. Any intrusion that would set off a good guard dog will set of these guys as well. They are otherwise quiet and amusing and excellent slug control.

Donald
253-632-

Quiet? Good slug control? Is he sure he doesn't have muscovies, because that doesn't sound like any chinese geese I've heard of.
lol.png

Mine are pretty quiet unless something odd is going on...I have five Brown Chinese...and they are not aggressive in the least...they and the ducks were all milling around my ankles as I was feeding tonight and chattering quietly...

Geese are herbivores i.e. do not eat slugs. The breed of chinese goose is known to be loud and aggressive. My little girl is not aggressive, but my goodness is she loud when she wants something. The ad upsets me because it gives, imo, the wrong impression about the geese he is selling. Or he knows nothing about the geese.

Something must have been wrong with my geese cause they ate worms if I threw them in there. and Slugs. My chinese where quiet unless disturbed. Mine never screamed for the heck of it.

I thought all poultry were omnivores
hmm.png
.I don't get it,alot of city people on here say their chickens wont eat worms or rodents,but my country gang will tear up everything just to get to a worm/mouse.

Last edited:
Mine are quite loud anytime someone is outside. And when someone goes by the house, and when the dogs go out, and when the ducks do somthing they dont like..... Not at all quiet if somthing is going on.

And eat slugs? Forget it. They are all annoyed that I am starting to mix a little cracked corn into their feed, everyone else loves it! You should have seen how they eyed the wet alfalfa cubes with disgust when I put some out yesterday for the first time, you could tell they were saying 'yea right im not eating that, where are the waterfowl pellets that are $17 a bag?'

Back
Top Bottom