This brings me joy every. single day. :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 1stepcloser, Oct 21, 2009.

1. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    Every single time I step foot outside my back door, two of my chickens run to me as fast as their fat little feathered legs can carry them. Of course it is because they are convinced I am bringing them treats but still. It cracks me up and makes me feel all warm/fuzzy every single time!!

What do you LOVE that your chickens do?

2. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    I have one that always lays her egg right inside the door on the floor, I think she thinks it's a help in some way.... except when I forget to look down and splat! [​IMG]

3. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    There is a 1/4 acre field between my house and my parents and when I walk over there all my chickens follow me. I look behind me and there is a string of like 36 chickens. My dog and cat always go with me also so my mom always says "here comes Dawn and her posse" My husband knows which house I am at cause our animals always hang outside so they can walk me home again. [​IMG]

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Every week when I clean out the coop(or am in the coop for any period of time) I have a Barred Rock hen that comes in with me and sits on the perch and "chats" with me the whole time. She also goes riding(for short distances) on the 4-wheeler with me. She makes me happy. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My new Ameraucana breeding pair rush the chain link to get to me. If I stick my fingers through it, they roost on my fingers. They are such a lovable pair of birds.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh and my turkey belched at me tonight. [​IMG]

7. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Every evening I let my crew out for a couple of hours or more, depends on the time of year. Anyway I like to sit and watch them graze and do their chicken things while my spoiled to death dog wallows me and fights with his mother as she attempts to groom him. He's only 6 months old and I guess she just doesn't want to let go yet. Anyhoo, when its time for my girls to go in for their evening grain treat, they'll all go to the pen and wait , and when I don't come, like in a few minutes they all come running back to me, like come on now, already. I usually let them do this several times just for the laugh. And at any time I dare even attempt to stand up, boy off they go headed for the hen house. Its hillarious.

8. Cyberous

Cyberous Chillin' With My Peeps

Of my 12 feathered kids I have two special girls.

Carrie and Samantha will hang out at my feet when ever I'm in the yard. If I'm stopped they will stand in front of my and lookup at me like a small child would when they want to be held.

Of course I pick them up and give them a petting,.. I'm a pushover.

Don

9. emjay

emjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    when I tuck my chickens in for the night and my bantam cochin hen begs to sit on my knee and climb into my sleeve. she's such a suck.
    and in the mornings, listening to Rocky my Bantam cochin roo try to crow, he's so pathetic, but, he makes me laugh. He's too little to start crowing.

10. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    When I picked up my 4-week-old buff Brahma yesterday night, he stuck his head inside my shirt collar and cuddled. I'm pretty sure he's a roo and thus was going to have to go, but he's melted my heart and now he's mine for life!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by