1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

This came out of 1 of my hens HELP!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by brightonchicks, Oct 3, 2015.

1. brightonchicks

brightonchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2014
    Near Springfield,MO
    While cleaning out my coop I came across this (pic below) it looks like a long worm in it too but we have treated them for worms with the stuff you put in their food. I don't know if the slimy stuff is shell less egg or mucus and the red stuff, not sure if it's blood or intestine. What do you guy's think? I don't have anyone looking or acting sick just a few molting. There is some straw and sand in it because that's what I use in my coop [​IMG]

2. Sutremaine

Sutremaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2014
    UK
    Which worming stuff have you been putting in their food?

3. brightonchicks

Jul 29, 2014
    Near Springfield,MO
    I don't remember, it's like little granular stuff smaller than their pellets. They have been on it for about a month. This is the first time i've seen anything like this. This is the first time we have wormed them.

4. brightonchicks

Jul 29, 2014
    Near Springfield,MO
    I found the container, it is called Rooster Booster multi- wormer triple action Type B Medicated feed concentrate & vitamin supplement

5. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    I would treat for coccidiosis with Corid.

6. Sutremaine

Sutremaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2014
    UK
    This kind of thing? It'd be fine as a general health booster (...except for the antibiotics), but if you want to be sure that the worms are stone dead, use a dedicated wormer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by