1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

This can't be happening....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckyGurl, Jul 25, 2011.

1. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

I can't even type now, I am sobbing.
    I went out tonite at 7 to lock the babies up and my white campbell was in the coop that has windows was in, which was odd. Then I walked closer and there was blood all over her neck. ALL over. And so I started crying then and madly looked for the Calls. In doing so I saw a weasel run off into the corn field, then spotted the bodies. It somehow got in there and killed them. My White campbell had 4 bite marks that are now covered and bandaged. Still bleeding when I got her. We put antiobiotic stuff on. She was going into shock, super high heart-rate. Ate dandilion greens. Drank water. Can somebody give me some other things to do? I am so so sad. My Fair just got over yesterday and Celeste, my Call, won Reserve duck. I know they are both in heaven now, having tons of fun. RIP Cory and Celeste.
    Celeste:[​IMG]
    Cory:[​IMG]
    All three together:[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. LemonDoodles

LemonDoodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    I wish there were words to describe how sorry I am this happened to them. Hugs. [​IMG]

3. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    [​IMG]

4. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    [​IMG]
    I am so sorry for you, Ducky. [​IMG] I had a stupid weasel kill my Brahma last spring... [​IMG] It's so sad to see your babies like that, I know. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'll be praying for you!

5. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    So sorry DG. Losing a pet is always hard. I cried so badly when my Napoleon died... rest in peace, Cory and Celeste. Make sure to meet our mallard Trouble and our Heaven flock of chickens!

6. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    I am so, so sorry for your loss, DuckyGurl...at least your White Campbell survived the attack, though. [​IMG]

7. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

Thanks everyone. Pray that she will pull thru the nite! She just ate a handful of peas.

8. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

I know how you feel. My signature explains it. Crap, wrong smilie! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  9. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    I am so sorry! [​IMG] I know it is super tough to have that happen. They were both very beautiful.

10. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    I'm so sorry, DG. It isn't easy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by