this can't be real??? It dosen't make since... animal ban???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Fancie, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
  2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    I hope not. This country has more rules every day. What happened to a free country. I swear this stuff is just ridiculous. [​IMG]

3. Fancie

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    first they take away my cigs by making them too expensive now they want to take away all my animals!!!

4. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Oh Boy, Big Brother is watching! It's comming folks if we don't take action. We have all sat idol for far too long and let them take away this and that and now it's about to get much much worse as they slowly tax us to death and take away all our little freedoms.

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
  6. Fancie

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    opps sorry didn't see them, just noticed the video today.

7. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:
    * Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.​

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
  8. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    Quote:I know, it supposed to be a free country. Its getting to be more and more controlled..

I sure hope they let use keep birds that are not native.. I have button quail and Im not getting rid of them..

For the cigs.. Oregon just passed a law that it is a crime, and is considered child abuse if you smoke in a car with a child younger than 16.. It appears that you get a fine up to 3 times. Each time getting more expensive.. But it doesnt say what the punishment is for the 4th affense.. Im not a smoker, so I think this is a good thing.. But just the thought that they actually passed it.. What next..

9. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Quote:I know, it supposed to be a free country. Its getting to be more and more controlled..

I sure hope they let use keep birds that are not native.. I have button quail and Im not getting rid of them..

For the cigs.. Oregon just passed a law that it is a crime, and is considered child abuse if you smoke in a car with a child younger than 16.. It appears that you get a fine up to 3 times. Each time getting more expensive.. But it doesnt say what the punishment is for the 4th affense.. Im not a smoker, so I think this is a good thing.. But just the thought that they actually passed it.. What next..

God forbid we pass laws to protect children from second hand smoke. You should have the right to poison your child as much as you want.

10. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:You can still move to Canada, Mexico, Iraq, or Afghanistan if you dont like it here....

I am not saying we do not still have the best country in the world, all I am saying is that as American citizens we have all gotten very lax in exercising our duties to tell our reps what we need and want. We gripe and complain about the things we don't like but don't do anything to change it. Take an active roll or it is only going to get worse.
    Pick up your pen or email a letter to your representatives in Washington and le tthem know how you feel. It is the only way to change things you are unhappy with.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by