This Chick is retiring soon!

detect76

Chirping
5 Years
May 2, 2015
So glad to find BYC!
I will soon be retiring after 25 years of putting bad guys in the coop to keeping a few chickens in a coop! :) My retirement will be effective in late October. Growing up in rural NC,I always loved to feed the chickens and gather my Granpa's eggs As a home school Mom too, this will also be a project for my 14 year old son to help with. So Now I'm home schooling myself on BYC 101!! Thanks for having me!!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

Good luck with your future chickens! They should certainly be an entertaining, enjoyable learning experience.

Welcome to BYC - what an exciting time you are approaching! Are you planning to keep layers or meat birds? This is definitely a great activity to share with family, especially kids.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement. I've been retired now for the past 7 years and just enjoying raising chickens. :eek:) My wife and I home-schooled our children and now our daughter is following in our footsteps with our granddaughter (pictured in my avatar). Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. Our granddaughter loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Do you have any preference in laying breeds? You may want to check up on any chicken folks in your area of the country. To find your state thread because go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum. Hope you enjoy BYC as much as we do. The Learning Center is a great place to start your chicken education. Welcome to BYC

Back
Top Bottom