This creeped me out...

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
DH and I are in barn doing chores. I see neighbor and stranger coming up my driveway. Stranger is carrying a beer. Not a good start.

Neighbor says "hey, have you seen my dog".
Reply as I look around the barn "well, I have all of my chickens so your dog must not be here"...this dog has eaten 24 chickens in 2 years. He ought to know by now that if the dog had been there while I was, he would be looking for a carcass, not a live dog.

Anyways...stranger is idly looking around barn at 4 wheeler, horse tack, tools, lawn mower...

Neighbor makes small talk which in his stoned condition is a bit difficult for him.

Stranger finally puts beer in left hand and shakes hands with DH and murmurs his name.

Neighbor then blurts "Hey we were both robbed this week. Broke right into the houses". "Stole money from me and jewelry from his place."

DH says "what do the police think??"

Stranger "Aww. we didnt report it or nothin'"

My response... "well, if they come here, all they are gonna get is a dog bite and bullet wound" I dont mention that DH starts on nights next week, leaving me defenseless and alone back here in no-mans-land.
sad.png

A few more minutes of idle chatter and they leave.

We are the last house in the holler. These boys live in a trailer and a garage apartment just a stones throw from here. I can see both of their back yards.
If someone was gonna break in and steal stuff....they wouldnt have started there.
Trust me.

So, anyone else think that they were 'casing the joint' and setting up a story about how someone is out there breaking in places?

It was just so creepy.

I'll be getting my pistol permit tomorrow......

Last edited:
Yep, Sounds like they are setting it up to LOOK like someone else did it. Not exactly a smart way to go about it though. I'd call the police and see if they can maybe patrol your area and tell them EXACTLY what happened today. Just in case anything does happen to you. Also if you don't have one get a BIG barky dog and leave it closed up in the barn. Borrow one if you have too. If you were closer I'd loan you my Danes. I hope they were just being stupid and maybe trying to scare you. Good luck!

That would have creeped my out too. I don't trust people that show up that way. They are up to no good, but by the sounds of it if they show up to your place they are not gonna leave the same way they got there.

go down to the pound and ask for a medium sized barky dog. then go to lowes and get a motion detector light. and then make sure you always lock the house.

when your man is gone always make sure there are a pair of his boots by the back door. preferably muddy ones.

sorry - that was creepy
:-(

i had a guy pull up to 'ask for directions' (you cant see the house from the road) i set the dogs on him. right after that we got a gate.

Back
Top Bottom