This doesn't look like a red broiler

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Southern Gardener, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Southern Gardener

Southern Gardener Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    Would this be a white cornishX?

[​IMG]

2. the_great_snag

the_great_snag Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Staples, Minnesota
    It looks just like the cornish x chicks I have right now, so I think it is...

3. Southern Gardener

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    Should I seperate this one since they should be fed 12 hours on and 12 off? [​IMG]

4. the_great_snag

the_great_snag Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Staples, Minnesota
    Considering that chickens are social beasts that like to be with other chickens I would leave him with the others.

The odds are that your bird will not have any ill effects eating the same diet as your other birds. I also don't think that the costs and hassles associated with setting up housing for one bird are worth the potential losses even if the worst were to come to pass and the bird were to die.

Also, the bird MIGHT be a red sex link packing peanut roo. The ones I have had grew super fast the first few weeks, but then slowed down dramatically...

5. FarmerCarl

FarmerCarl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2009
    West Michigan
    It looks just like my Cornish X broilers at about three/four weeks old. Growing too fast for the feathers to keep up and the huge legs/feet.

6. Southern Gardener

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    It looks like a cornish x to me - they will be three weeks on Monday. She is much bigger and heavier and has huge legs!

7. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    I know many people who leave food with their cornish Xs 24 hours a day without any ill effects so I would leave the little guy with the others. BTW yes, it is a cornish X.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by