This egg blowing business is going to...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by A.T. Hagan, Dec 11, 2010.

1. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    ...give me a stroke!

The 4-H county council Christmas party is Monday night and there's an ornament contest so the kids want to paint blown eggs for theirs. So tonight I blew six turkey eggs. I wasn't sure if my eyes were going to pop out or I was going to have an aneurysm first!

We do any more of these things and I'm going to buy one of those egg blowing tools or borrow a tuba player.

The things we do to make our children happy...

2. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    A.T. Hagan :

...give me a stroke!

The 4-H county council Christmas party is Monday night and there's an ornament contest so the kids want to paint blown eggs for theirs. So tonight I blew six turkey eggs. I wasn't sure if my eyes were going to pop out or I was going to have an aneurysm first!

We do any more of these things and I'm going to buy one of those egg blowing tools or borrow a tuba player.

The things we do to make our children happy...

I blow the chicken eggs a lot. I recommend using some of the older eggs because the whites aren't as together. [​IMG]

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    The hardest thing for me was getting the yolk out, so I just borrowed someone's idea of using a small drill bit & scrambling the egg inside the shell. Makes it soooo much easier!

4. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

Cool ornament idea!

Question: What do you use to hang the egg from the tree?

5. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    We use a Dremel with a small bit to make a hole at the air cell end, then use a livestock syringe to carefully inject air into the egg. The air will displace the contents of the egg. Plus, you can use the syringe to inject water into the shell and again displace the water with air, as in the previous step. Easy!

6. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Quote:I'm leaving that to the wife to figure out, but a string loop held on with a bit of white glue is what I'd try. Could do the same thing with some thin wire too I expect. Or glue an ornament hanger in the top hole.

7. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    As a former Tuba player I resemble that remark!!! LOL

8. goldenluver

goldenluver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    there is a thread in the hobbies section on how to do this

9. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic