This ever happen to anyone else?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by TommyDaDelaware, Sep 17, 2012.

1. TommyDaDelaware

TommyDaDelaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Central WI.
    I went back to school, and now 3 weeks after being exposed to everyone, I'm sick. I got a sore throat and my nose is runny. I'm cold and sleepy. I had some Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup, and later i'm going to take some cold meds and sleep. Has this ever happened to you guys, too? go back to school, and get sick. I wash my hands and everything! I guess it's just that i'm in a little "bubble" (I spend my summer in the country) and i dont get exposed to the cold often. All I know is that i hate it...

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    My grandchildren go to school, get sick, and infect me. I'm going to jinx myself right now - hasn't happened in 3 or 4 years. [​IMG]

3. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    When my son was in kindergarten, from the time he started in late August, until some time in March of the following year, there wasn't a 2 week period in which there wasn't at least one of the 4 members of our family sick with a cold. This year, DS is in high school, DD has started middle school. Last week, I had both of them home for a few days with a cold. It wasn't a particularly nasty one, but DD had a couple of nosebleeds and DS had a sore throat that, while not severe, was very persistent. Hopefully, we are done with that mess for now.

Hope you feel better soon!

4. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I happened to me all the time in college. Someone was sure to come back from break with a virus that I hadn't been exposed to. Everyone got sick in the first few weeks. We went home over the summer, to every state and many countries, picked up what ever was going around and brought it back to share.

This also happened when I had pre-school age children. Kids that age are walking pest houses, a mobile contagion ward, and they drip and don't wash well. They spread everything!

Just start the school year with vitamin C and echinacia.

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    My son hardly ever got sick, but my daughter would get sick within a week or 2 of starting school every single year. One year in grade school she had to miss almost the entire year of sports because of an enlarged liver from a virus. My young grand kids get sick a lot after starting school, and this has been the first year that I was well enough immune-wise to take my chances in caring for my 5 year old grand daughter when she came down sick after starting school.

6. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    Happens to me in college too. It is always the first couple weeks of school, and around finals. Right now I have a sinus headache and am nauseous. Already emailed my professor to tell him I'm not coming today. I'm normally good after a day in bed just watching TV and taking naps.

7. Gomes Bantams

Gomes Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh Yep, thats me. I got a teperature of 102* and a really bad cough. I hope you get better.*COUGH*

8. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

My daughter has already missed 5 days of school this year. They started school the last week of August. She missed today due to a very sore throat and a fever. So Yeah, it happens!

9. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Yep.
    Right after I started my new job this spring I ended up with bronchitis, ear infection, and sinus infection.[​IMG]

10. TommyDaDelaware

TommyDaDelaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Central WI.
    I'm better now. Luckily. I'm amazed i didn't get sick again. I went to the school football game and it started to get rainy. at night... and cold. hopefully it doesnt rain friday on homecoming.. that would stink...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by