This guy needs a new home ASAP S.E. MI

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by fused1013, Dec 4, 2013.

1. fused1013

fused1013 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    Southeast MI
    This is "Tiggy"(winkle) I got him as a sexed pullet, he is a 16 week old E.E. cockerel. I was going to keep him until spring for extra warmth in the coop but he found his voice a couple days ago and it's really loud :( I live too close to my neighbors to keep him and the peace.
    He's been on medicated start and grow from day 1. He likes apples, greens and cooked sweet potatoes. He's not mean at this point, does not have spurs yet, and will take food from your hand. I am honestly heartbroken having to give him up, but I really don't have a choice.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chick rookie

chick rookie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2013
    Terre Haute, In
    wish I lived closer I would love to take him. I want one real bad but the hatchery's want you to buy 15 or more (I understand why) but I wouldn't know what to do with the rest. and he is so beautiful, and his temperament sounds perfect too with my grand kids around a lot. ( don't handle my chickens too young yet) do you think he would make the trip if we shipped him to IN. that would probably cost out the butt anyway, huh?

3. fused1013

Jul 22, 2013
    Southeast MI
    Quote: I don't know, I've never shipped an animal before. I MAY have someone about an hour away that will take him. ( I say may because this is the 3rd person that has offered and the other 2 backed down). I'll update this when I see if it falls through or not :/

4. chick rookie

Nov 29, 2013
    Terre Haute, In
    I just found out that you have to have some kind of certification to ship live poultry.So that lets me out. Sorry would have loved to have them.guess its off to the auction for me... :(

5. flea4leah

flea4leah Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2013
    Very handsome ill have to talk to my mom but i live in alma mi.

6. fused1013

Jul 22, 2013
    Southeast MI
    I just drove him out to Corunna this afternoon. He's going to have 8 hens and open range, really nice lady, he did well on the drive out. Hopefully the adjustments with his new flock and my girls will be smooth. I think it's a great match :)

7. chick rookie

Nov 29, 2013
    Terre Haute, In
    good to hear [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by