1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

This Halloween… Beware of Mrs. Cuddlesworth!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by goldeneggtees, Sep 30, 2009.

1. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Anyone remember my ramblings about how sweet Mrs. Cuddlesworth was? Well, she isn't sweet anymore. I was holding her and she bit my nose, even drew blood. I was not amused! I think I may change the sign on the gate to read beware of attack chickens!

2. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] They can be mean, can't they.

3. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    Maybe she has PMS. Do they get snippy as they get older. Red (boys named her) isn't as docile as she was three years ago. She is still friendly but doesn't eat out of my hand anymore and seems a little agressive toward the other hens some days. Belle is the queen bee so it is strange to see Red being bossy and mean.

4. karen71

karen71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Bear, DE
    [​IMG] Your nose looked mighty tasty to her -

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  5. FingerLakesChick

FingerLakesChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Western New York
    My sweetie pie June pecked me right in the eye when I was cuddling her last night. I guess she'd had enough cudddling from me!

6. ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    Northern Colorado
    Yikes! I warn everyone who visits our chickens that they are unpredictable and are liable to peck your eyeball, so look out! I don't let mine get close enough to my face to take a shot.

7. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    I had a chicken peck my eye lid on thanksgiving.
    Everybody found it amusing asking me why my eye was swollen.

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Aw, Mrs. Cuddlesworth was just expressing dissatisfaction with your current choices of treat material for her. How else is a girl to express herself? A good peck on the nose sure got your attention, didn't it?

(From someone who ran around the run chasing the pullet that snatched the contact lens right off my eyeball!)

9. juliect

juliect Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    Quote:Is your pullet available for rent or lease during those occasions when eyes are dry & contacts get "stuck"? [​IMG]

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Oh I just hate it when I have to work to get them out too!

Yes, Biscuit is available for rent - I can have her delivered by courier - just call.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by