This has been the best month ever!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by havi, Aug 9, 2009.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Okay first I got the assistant job that I went up for. There were 26+ other people going up for it and I GOT IT!

And then..

I saw an ad on craigslist for a mixer Ive been wanting forever. I went and picked it up today. Its a Kitchenaid Artisan Mixer the one with the 5 qt bowl. And on top of that, it was the same color that I was wanting, chrome. I got it for a really good price too! Only $175. When they sell brand new for $399.99. It is brand new, still in a sealed box and everything. Somone is watching over me!! [​IMG]

I just had to say WoOhOo [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. fowler_chick

fowler_chick Songster

Feb 8, 2009
    South Western Kansas
    That Good NewS!!!! hope that you really like your Job!!!
    and for the kitchen aide mixer!!! there the greating thing to have!!! i got mine for a wedding presant and use it every day!!! they are so well made and last for ever!!

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Now that's awesome! congrats on both!!!

4. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Thanks. I started as the assistant on the 1st and so far so good. Its kinda odd being the asst. though. I still feel like a clerk, but yet I know Im not. But I love it. I started 3 years ago and I would have never imagined that in 3 short years I would move up. I work in a mailroom with 4 other people. Its one of those jobs that people stay there for years and never leave. I guess thats why Im still in shock too.

And then the mixer, I just knew it was too good to be true. I thought the person would have already sold it before I emailed. But thankfully no one had. Then she moved the date to meet up around 3 different times. Saying "Oh I was called into work." And I jsut knew this was a scam and she was just jerking me around. But thankfully she wasnt and I got it this morning. And if your wondering, yes I did take it out of the box and make sure every thing was working right. I told DH that could be his christmas present to me and that I would wrap it up and wait until xmas rolled around. As much as it kills me to do that. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. sweet tweets

sweet tweets Chirping

Jul 3, 2009
    Wonderful! Congrats on the job and finding such a great deal.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But I may be developing a learning disability as I grow older. I read one sentence in your post and had to go back to reread - I was not sure why "Simone" would be watching over you....

Somone is watching over me!!

But then I figured it out - typo plus my quick read made for a small puzzle, LOL​

6. havi

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:But then I figured it out - typo plus my quick read made for a small puzzle, LOL

Haha I know what you mean. I do that too sometimes, and Im not even that old(25). My husbands aunt recently passed away and I like to think that she is watching over. She was always the one to encourage me to do bigger and better things. Such as going up for the asst. job and whatnot.

7. Sitka

Sitka Songster

Jul 7, 2009
    Seattle, Washington
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: