This is a cool looking roo...any ideas?

Terri O

Crowing
10 Years
Jan 2, 2010
WI~chickening for 30 years!
I have this neat roo in my flock and would like to know if anyone has an idea of what he is? Thanks a bunch!
46457_img_0322.jpg

46457_img_0324.jpg

Quote:
Marans have pink legs. Plus his comb is weird...

My best guess is a mix of some sort. Comb almost looks like a peaxsingle or something simular. Do you have a closer picture of the comb?

I would definitely say blue copper marans. It looks as if his comb has been frostbitten quite a bit, and he doesn't have alot of feathering down his legs. But that's what he looks like to me. But he's so pretty!
smile.png

Quote:

My best guess is a mix of some sort. Comb almost looks like a peaxsingle or something simular. Do you have a closer picture of the comb?

I've been raising marans for a few years now, so far none of mine have come up with pink legs
wink.png

Mrs. Cannon :

Quote:

I've been raising marans for a few years now, so far none of mine have come up with pink legs
wink.png

Then you're not breeding Marans
smile.png
Or else, aren't breeding to standard.

Wikipedia - "All have red or orange eyes and white feet." Hendersons chicken breed chart lists them as having white skin/shanks.

If you go to feathersite , all of the birds have pink legs. The only variety I've ever seen that didn't have pink legs were blacks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom