This is a ee right?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bryan8, Nov 8, 2009.

1. bryan8

bryan8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    New york
    Well I got this bird from a friend.

She said it was under a year.

Is a pullet right? Also its a ee right? And is there a certin name for the color?

[​IMG]

Thanks
    Bryan

2. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Guessing from small comb, I would say yes to being a pullet.

EE? Anything can be called a EE, as long as it has potential to lay blue/green eggs. So yeah I would say it is a EE. [​IMG]

3. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    EE comb is very red for a pullet is she laying?If so they are that red..or laying soon but it is small so without seeing the hackles and saddle feathers pullet looks promising.Color is Pretty There are no standards for these and chances are you won't find too many that look alike.

4. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] Sorry...red the first few words and started to giggle. Hens lay DAH! [​IMG]

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    That is an EE pullet.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  6. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Quote:[​IMG] Sorry...red the first few words and started to giggle. Hens lay DAH! [​IMG]

Actually pullets are so until a year old has nothing to do with laying.Many call them hens once they start laying but check out your chicken books and guides and your chicken books For instance the Storey's guide to Raising Chickens I chose this because so many are familiar with that book...
    Pullet-A female chicken under 1 year old
    Hen-A female chicken
    Many people do call a pullet a hen once they start laying doesn't make it right or wrong so next time before being so rude in your comments try knowing your facts.

7. bryan8

bryan8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    New york

Actually pullets are so until a year old has nothing to do with laying.Many call them hens once they start laying but check out your chicken books and guides and your chicken books For instance the Storey's guide to Raising Chickens I chose this because so many are familiar with that book...
    Hen-A female chicken
    Many people do call a pullet a hen once they start laying doesn't make it right or wrong so next time before being so rude in your comments try knowing your facts.

yea pullets are females under a year

8. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    I just think she is beautiful!

Now I want one!!!
    Cal
    Jax FL

9. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Quote:I didnt really think that the comment was rude, they just thought the wording was funny.

10. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida

Hen-A female chicken

Wow I thought it was a pullett till it started laying... Good learning experience cause then I dont have a single hen.. I have Pulletts that have been laying eggs for about 6 mos now.. Mine were all hatched around easter that are currently laying I just said hens oops..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by