This is a girl, right?

HenPecked_bychildren

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2010
SW Florida
49642_007.jpg

Hatched in June.(the white one) Would be really developed by now? Reason I ask is I found this in my egg this morning.

49642_001.jpg

I'm new to this, but I know I've never seen THAT before in a commercial egg. lol.

Someone said something about false positives...it has to be that. lol. Our other roo isn't even 8 weeks yet!

Last edited:
You are the second person posting this situation. That egg does look fertile to me. Two ways you can find out. One is stick it in an incu and two if all you have is hens and just a few watch the nest box and see who is laying what. I have 5 CM hens and there has got to be a day when all lay an egg. If all you got is three, as I see in the pic, and you don't ever get three eggs on some days, one is a roo. Or she or he is going visiting. Do you have neighbors who have chickens and a roo?

"fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, hens gotta lay til the day that she dies, can't help lovin those hens of mine"

All the best

Rancher

That eggs does most certainly look fertile. Is there any way you can get closer pictures of the chicken in question? From what I'm seeing, the comb is showing rooster tendencies compared to the other one, but I'm having a hard time seeing any hackle or saddle feathers. Do you know which one is laying for sure?

if you have a cockeral, even less than 8 weeks, it is possible. I have seen them randy that early. Usually the pullets will not have anything to do with "ride sally ride" that young but it looks like this guy got lucky.
smile.png

004-1.jpg

I only have 2 chickens at POL. My others are all only about 8 weeks old, the Roo is about 7ish. Not sure because the breeder didn't know for sure and he was overcharging us, so he kept tripping over his words. lol.

Anyway, my two layers(I've only gotten 2 eggs so far) are little bantams, someone here said they were cochins. One is frizzled and one is smooth. I don't know which one is laying or if both have. I know the the frizzled one has all the signs(squatting and pulsing vent). The smooth is the dominant in the coop(funny since my BO/BPR are now the same size as her and as going to be MUCH bigger than her soon. lol). There is no crowing, but she does making a honking noise sometimes. lol. She is the only one who does it.

So can a 7 week old rooster do that already? He is such a baby he only just recently made his place on the top roost. The ladies made him sit on the bottom one for the longest time.
lol.png

Quote:
Definitely not any of my others. They are only 8 weeks old. I have only had her for almost 3 weeks, so she must have been with a rooster at her old place. IDK. lol.

Back
Top Bottom